COVID-19 - Learning from Home
This Ministry of Education has recently (term 1, 2020) created the following website to assist with distant learning. It is currently being updated on a daily basis.
Issuing Digital Devices
Lytton High School is issuing chromebooks to students who need them to carry on with school work during isolation.
The chromebooks will only function when connected to a wifi network.
These chromebooks are issued on the understanding that they are for schoolwork only, and once school resumes they are to be returned in the same condition they were issued.
If you would like to borrow a device from the school, we will be issuing them from the school library between 12pm and 2pm on Wednesday March 25th. Social distancing protocols will be in place while we issue devices.
Once students are online, their work will be available through google classroom. Students should check their school email account for communication.
Hard Copy Material
For junior students who are unable to connect to the internet learning packs will be available for collection in the library between 12pm and 2pm on Wednesday 25th March. For those senior students who are unable to access the internet please contact the school office and one of our Senior Leaders will work to support you with this matter.
The following are informative, scientific based and are of a New Zealand context.
- The NZ Government website https://covid19.govt.nz/
- Minstry of Health https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
- Ministry of Education http://www.education.govt.nz/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-3/
- Siouxsie Wiles - on TheSpinOff or Facebook or Twitter. Associate Professor Siouxsie Wiles describes herself as a microbiologist and bioluminescence enthusiast but to many she is “that pink-haired science lady”.
- Dr Michelle Dickinson aka Nano Girl - on Facebook and Twitter. Dr Michelle Dickinson has spent her career engineering nanotechnology solutions for the tech industry. A bestselling author, television presenter and creator of Nanogirl is passionate about creating innovative ways for everyone to have a positive relationship with science and technology.